Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Bath and Body Works Forever Red: Vanilla Rum, Signature Collection Limited Edition Preview Eau de Parfum

this is the smallest size available.
Bath and body works has a new series called Forever; Forever Midnight, Forever Red and Forever Red: Vanilla Rum. I tried all three and my favorite is, without a doubt, the Vanilla Rum. Although its’ bottle isn't as pretty as the other two, this fragrance far exceeds the others. Forever Red has a chemical undertone I don’t like, and Forever Midnight is two mature and has a cold, adult smell to it. It smells very old fashioned. But Vanilla Rum has a warm, sweet smell and it feels young but mature and adult like. It isn't to sweet that it suffocates you though.  Just a sprits gives one a perfectly sweet, trailing aroma. You can also smell the suggestion of rum just on the edge of the vanilla. This gives it the “warm” and mature smell I am trying to convey. It’s as if you had taken a sip of strong dark rum while making fruit cake. It’s not so overpowering, rather it’s just a hint. I imagine one might have flushed cheeks from a mixture of the cold winter air, laughing with friends, and sipping rum while eating something vanilla. It smells like a home might smell when preparing for a Christmas party. I got the minnie size for five dollars, originally ten but marked down to six. Then I got 20% off. I very rarely use perfume, but I have a feeling this is going to be my new signature scent. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment