Wednesday, December 11, 2013

new contest: childhood memory

because no one entered their poems of Halloween, I'm making ANOTHER contest for creative writing. the winner and honorable mentions will be featured in a blog post and be shared to my personal Facebook, and Google plus for this page. tell me of a childhood memory in an artistic way, either a poem or just creative writing. please leave preferred pen name, or I'll just use your Google user name. please no language. just comment below with your poem or message me personally if you wish (with pen name info and any other info you wish me to provide the readers) at obscurereadsblog@gmail.com contest ends on Christmas eve...

can wait to see the entries.
good luck
carls

2 comments:

  1. I dreamt I was a little bird
    Who flew without a care
    My whims and wants were boundless
    As I soared upon the air
    When suddenly a cloud approached
    My will it turned to dust
    The gloomy, glaring uncertainty
    Reduced my may to must
    Yet still I flew on higher
    Ever searching for the top
    My mind kept racing faster
    How could I ever stop?
    Finally perched upon the precipice
    I paused to wonder, why?
    And in tat very moment
    I lost my will to try.
    My mental cage enveloped me
    I was trapped forevermore
    For who could love a little bird
    Who could no longer soar?
    Through days and nights my wings grew limp
    'Till I could barely think
    My skin grew thick and tough
    Yet in my armor there was one chink
    Without warning the sun grew brighter
    My desire had returned
    The flight I'd feared I'd lost forever
    Was now something for which I yearned.
    But by then my wings were weighted
    Though I tried with all of me
    To be that little bird once more
    And to finally be free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your contribution to the contest! i really love this, it's very good. it reaminds me of that one song "paradise".

      Delete